Since I’ve had this breadboarded and planned for such a long time, getting all the stuff soldered up and mounted into an enclosure was actually super quick. I was particularly proud of my soldering job, as it was easily the best looking job I’ve ever done.
I used the same Radio Shack 276-170 board that I have used before, and I actually ended up with a lot more empty space than I thought I was initially going to have (these shots are before I soldered up the external connections to the potentiometers and switches).
Things went together really well, granted I couldn’t get the touch contacts to work (I had planned to use rubber grommets to insulate the touch points, but after many struggles I realized that the stupid grommets were conductive! Either I’ll find some non-conductive grommets, or I’ll patch over the holes I made for the touch points with a name plate for the unit). I haven’t painted the box yet, but when I do, it’s going to be some sort of green, to match the knobs.
I know this was a short build, but trust me, the time spent planning was probably thrice as long as the build time.
Without further ado, here’s a video of the Atari Punk Sequencer in action!